Enhancing the quality of vocational education in health care and IT for women in North and East Afghanistan 2014-2016
The aim of the project is to enhance the level of education of four vocational education schools in North and East Afghanistan which provide midwifery education. Tallinn Health Care College participates in the project as a partner of NGO Mondo. NGO Mondo and the chair of midwifery of Tallinn Health Care College work in cooperation in planning and carrying out development and information projects.
The beneficiaries of the project are students and lecturers of four vocational education institutions in North and East Afghanistan which provide midwifery education:
- Ghazanfari Institute
- Barani Institute
- Mawlana Jalaluddin Balkhi Institute
- Jalalabadi Midwifery School
18 lecturers from the abovementioned institutions can participate in a refresher course in Estonia.
Activities carried out by the chair of midwifery:
- analyzing the curricula of medical schools in Afghanistan which provide midwifery education;
- preparing training programmes for two groups of teachers from Afghanistan;
- selecting and employing lecturers who carry out the refresher course;
- booking rooms for the training;
- preparing schedule for the refresher course;
- preparing and carrying out cultural programme introducing Estonia for teachers from Afghanistan;
- cooperation with abovementioned medical schools in Afghanistan;
- consulting medical schools in Afghanistan concerning study materials and visual aids.
Project manager at the Tallinn Health Care College: head of the chair of midwifery Silja Mets-Oja (email@example.com).