Nordplus International Conference
Event: Conference "Study Quality in Terms of Multiculturalism in the Baltic Countries"
When: October 26, 2018
Venue: Tallinn Health Care College (Kännu 67, rooms 232-233)
REGISTER HERE! (Registration ended!)
Nordplus programme "Study Quality in Terms of Multiculturalism in the Baltic Countries" invites you to our conference which will take place on October 26, 2018 in Tallinn Health Care College (Kännu 67, rooms 232-233).
The theme of the conference is internationalization and immigration and their influence on the study quality in education.
We want to welcome all contributions about internationalization, study quality, multicultural education in all possible contexts. We aim to provide participants with a broad range of research topics.
The conference organising committee warmly invites you to participate in the conference as the audience or to present papers, posters, articles.
Requirements for the abstracts
- All abstracts must be written in English and contain original work that has not previously been reported.
- 3-5 keywords must be included in the abstract.
- The presenting author and co-authors must be identified in the abstract.
- Proposals should consist of an abstract (300 words at maximum) and an extended summary (1000 words at maximum, including references).
- A paper session consists of 2 or 3 conceptually linked papers.
- Each individually submitted presentation lasts 15 minutes and is followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Posters are grouped conceptually.
- Each poster is introduced with an oral presentation (max 3 min.) and allows the participants enough time to freely walk from poster to poster.
- Abstracts: June 1, 2018
- Posters and paper presentations: August 31, 2018
- Registration: September 30, 2018
10.00-10.30 - Registration, coffee
10.30-10.35 - Welcome by the moderator
10.35-10.40 - Welcome by the project manager, Liisa Jõgisalu
10.40-10.45 - Welcome by the rector of Tallinn Health Care College Ülle Ernits
10.45-10.50 - Welcome by the representative of the Ministry of Education and Research, Higher education department, head of the department Margus Haidak
10.50-11.05 - Presentation of the model, Sirje Jakobson
11.05-11.20 - Presentation of the cases, Kristi Vahur
11.20-11.50 - "The Hardship of Human Race - Finding the Common and Defining the Differences", Andris Geidāns
11.50-12.00 - Summary of the 1st session, moderator
13.00-14.30 - Panel: teachers from different countries. Questions: what are the main challenges in multicultural classroom, what should be re-trained
14.30-14.45 - 3D Spatial Thinking as a Teaching Tool in a Multicultural Curriculum: Estonia-Jamaica Erasmus Plus Experience. Joseph Grannum
14.45-14.50 - Final sum up of the conference
Conference is free of charge!
- Abstract submission
Conference „Study quality in terms of multiculturalism in the Baltic countries“
Kutseõppe osakonna juhataja, elukestva õppe keskuse õppejõud-lektor
- 6 711 729